Time for Tea
I dream of Ladurée.



Hello again, ♡

This week has not been very eventful, I have just been drinking lots of tea and walking, jogging and yoga-ing regularly to keep my energy levels sky-high. I haven't been drawing as much as I'd like to lately, which is annoying seeing as I have more time spare, yet the days go by so quickly that I can barely keep track anymore!

Talk and tea is his specialty, said Giles. Come along inside... We'll see if tea and buns can make the world a better place."
~ The Wind in the Willows


The above quote from the wonderful The Wind in the Willows cements the concept of "teatime" as a positive, wholesome and joyous ritual perfectly. Taking tea with cake or any other form of delicate sweet foodstuffs is an age old tradition that has been embedded in daily life for many thousands of years. From the ancient Egyptian creation of bread saturated with honey to the elegant tiered wedding cakes, and the tea-drinkers of ancient China to modern day convenient tea-bags, tea and cake are essentially a basic part of life, a way of life and a part of humanity constantly.

Tea is a massive part of my life and existence in general. Without it, I hardly think I'd be sane! I can drink it at any time of the day, during any season of the year and it doesn't matter what variety of tea it is, it will always make me feel lovely and warm inside. Green tea is my ultimate favourite, although I usually love all tea I try. Another part of my life is cake and other sweet treats taken with tea. Although I try to limit my intake of high sugar foods, I can never resist a small smackerel of cake or a macaron in my morning or afternoon to keep me calm until lunch/dinner. I associate tea and cake with different traditions they are included in, such as morning or afternoon tea, Devonshire tea and High Tea parties. I loved, as I'm sure other girls did, setting up little seats and tables for my toys and then adorning the miniature table with components from a little children's tea set, the imaginative elements of such a game were enhanced by the natural openness of mind all children posses, which they use to broaden everyday mundane life.

I really want to visit Ladurée in gay Paree someday, they sweet delights they concoct are like something out of Harry Potter, or some wild fantasy realm where the sun always shines softly and creates beautiful rainbow refractions throughout the rays. There are pastries, cupcakes, macarons, cakes, tarts and slices, all multi-coloured and decorated with an air or magic and make-believe. I feel that the gossamer silken fingers of fairies must have produced these beautiful foodstuffs, I can just imagine little fairy huts situated in the kitchen area, light emerging from the tiny wooden window frames revealing many little creatures hard at work producing these amazingly intricate and scrumptious treats.

I am also reminded of the various scenes in Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette, with the lavish spreads filled to the brim with cake and other saccharine-sweet confectioneries. The cakes of Ladurée would fit so well with this extravagant era of history.

Tea and cake are the perfect couple and can never be separated, they provide comfort in times of need, and the sight of a little pink cupcake next to some piping hot milky English Breakfast tea will never fail to produce a smile on my face and bring the roses to my cheeks. •

Collage inspiration.


Here are a few snapshots of things that have related to my life at this present moment. (From L-R, top to bottom):
1. This beautiful dress is by Minkpink and was on sale, so I couldn't resist. It has a marine sailor ~vibe~ going on and is really flattering on! (even though horizontal stripes are supposed to make you look fat, it don't ever believe these things). I have combined it with my gold collar Sportsgirl necklace, Sunflower perfume, gold Topshop sandals and gold eco-drive Citizen watch.
2. Reading an illustrated edition of Picnic at Hanging Rock, one of my favourite novels.
3. Trying to work on developing my website, I have so many different concepts that it is so hard to stick to one idea, but many ideas are better than no ideas!
4. Another outfit combo, combining pastel ice cream shades - a 70s/80s pink lace and ribbon blouse, with a lavender Valleygirl skirt, lemon yellow Dotti socks, Frankie 2013 journal, Vera Wang's Princess and my ultimate favourite lip balm, Baby-Lips.
5. Found this orange and black number whilst op-shopping, it has super strong 60s ~vibes~.
6. Life affirmations to keep me inspired.



That's all I have to share with you today, until next time, here's a playlist I created which fits the theme of this post well.

In the Dollhouse Made of Ladurée from bambisvalentine on 8tracks Radio.



post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a tiger doesn't lose sleep by the opinion of sheep, that's like the best quote ever ,so nice

Leah said...

@regina yes, I love that quote :)

Post a Comment

thank-you for your comment ♥