I have been oh so busy these holidays drawing, reading, exercising and generally taking a break from the stresses of life. Christmas was a lovely time to spend with the family and eat, drink and be merry! ☯ I was accepted to start my Masters degree next year so that's what I plan to do at this present stage, I'm nervous but also excited as I really want to do postgraduate studies and this degree will definitely be of benefit to my future career.
The 70's is the style era which I am presently most drawn to at the moment. Think plenty of paisley prints, flares, bell-sleeves, long free flowing hair, flower crowns, batik prints, soft focus photography, floppy hats and plenty of daisies. The 1970's was a great time for fashion! The hippy look was still present and disco fever was taking over and then entered the glam rock scene of the late 70's. I loved the hippie movement and wish I could have been present at Woodstock, it would have been an amazing experience.
Here are a few snapshots of things that have related to my life at this present moment. (From L-R, top to bottom):
1. The setting of the sun and the moon rising created such a lovely colour palette in the sky, plus the moon was covered in a thin veil of clouds, which was extra pretty.
2. One of my presents from Christmas - Lola by Marc Jacobs which is quickly becoming one of my favourite scents - and who can resist that bottle?!
3. My new glittery suede shoes which were also a Christmas gift. They're so high (14cm), which is good for me as I am 5"3 and can do with a boost in height!.
4. This is quite a bit too tiny, but it is the beginnings of a mini portrait I'm creating of Lana Del Rey, undoubtedly one of my favourite people right now.
5. I am now up to date with my Sims 3 expansion pack collection with the addition of this little baby, Seasons. I can't help but love the Sims, I have basically been with them since the beginning. ♡
6. Clueless. That is all I need to say.
Goodbye until the next post!
The Kinks - Lola