What we see and what we seem are but a dream, a dream within a dream.
I first watched Picnic at Hanging Rock qutie some time ago and I remember finding it so haunting and eerie. Peter Weir's work on this film is fantastic, the film's soundtrack is entrancing and edgy, due to the sound of the pan-pipes. This film seemed really strange to me when I first watched it, and I didn't understand it at all. It is definitely a confusing film, but it is full of symbolism I feel. The mystery of the disappearance of the girls and where they could have vanished to was never resolved and leaves the viewer with many unanswered questions. Nevertheless, it is still a great film, I especially love the time period and the fact that it is Australian. If you haven't seen it, I would recommend checking it out. :)














I started and finished another illustration yesterday entitled Seashell (Lady of the Lake). The image I used as a reference for the mermaid was a screencap from a Russian version of the Little Mermaid tale, called Rusalochka.


I bought a pretty ruby coloured dress online from Freez again, it is by Lola vs Harper and it looks so pretty, I can't wait to try it on. :)


That's all for now, hope you all have a lovely day. ♥

Picnic at Hanging Rock - Gheorghe Zamfir


post signature

1 comment:

Plami said...

These pictures are so magical!

XoXo
Plami

http://www.fashionthrill.com/

Post a Comment

thank-you for your comment ♥